Ever dreamed of changing the world? Many of us do, if not most. If it’s a yes, then hop on a journey and start fulfilling your dream by helping the environment one step at a time.
This month’s topic is about Green Living. Mother Earth is sick, and she needs our help in solving the problem of climate change. Recent climate science tells us that our planet is heating up to levels that are dangerous for human, plant, animal life. Sounds like a big task, huh? Well, we can start by taking small actions that will accumulate to something big. As one Chinese proverb says “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a step,” so let’s begin taking that one step until we reach our destination: a healthy planet Earth.
If we’re going to stop rising temperatures and sea levels, we must take actions that really change the direction of our environment. We can start from our homes.
Here are ten things you can do at home to start that change:
- Use LED light bulbs.
- Use a canvas/tote bag instead of a single-use plastic bag.
- Turn off the lights when not in use.
- Turn off the electronics and unplug them when not in use.
- Conserve water by turning off the faucet when not in use.
- Actively recycle everything.
- Use ENERGY STAR appliances.
- Use cloth over paper towels.
- Reuse your food waste to fertilizer.
- Give away things before throwing them away.
There you have it! Easy steps to make a change to our planet. And remember, any action is better than no action.
1. What are the two major effects of climate change?
2. Which action is the easiest to apply?
3. Which action is the most difficult to apply?
4. Who is affected by climate change?
5. Who can help make a difference to stop climate change?
Please fill out the form after reading, and you will have a chance to win great prizes for your participation in reading! (Remember to check your email after filling out the form.)